Mark the start of 2022 with our affirmation cookies, a twist on fortune cookies! These are worth the time it takes to make, and you can really put thought in to the little messages you might want for your child. They are sure to bring delight.
You will need:
🥠 2 egg whites
🥠 Vanilla extract
🥠 2 tablespoons cold water
🥠 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
🥠 75 grams plain flour
🥠 1½ teaspoons corn flour
🥠 100 grams castor sugar
🥠 Pinch of salt
How to do it:
- Create your affirmation messages – you could print some out or handwrite them
- Preheat oven to 180C or gas mark 4
- Whisk up the egg whites with the vanilla, oil and water until frothy
- Sift in the flour and corn flour, sugar and salt
- Whisk for a further 30 seconds
- Leave to cool in the fridge for 2 hours
- Line a baking tray and spoon out some mixture. Use the back of the spoon to to swirl to make a 10cm circle. They will spread so leave plenty of space – we suggest baking two at a time.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes – you need to work fast so have everything ready . Use a flat palette knife to remove the cookie, pop the message in and fold in half, press down to seal and then curve the corners.
- Leave to cool , they will keep for 3 days in an airtight tin.
Ideas for affirmations:
- I am so loved
- I will do great things
- I am enough
- I can create positive change in the world
- It’s okay to ask for help
- I believe in myself
- My family loves me unconditionally
- I can relax and be myself
- I love being me
- I am good at solving problems
- I have a great imagination
- I am perfect just the way I am